My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Loan Companies

Here I am, 2 days away from closing and making that big purchase and who should choose to annoy me? The mortgage broker. They are ALL smiles until you lock the rate at which point they ditch you like you gave it up on prom night. If I have provided you with EVERYTHING under the sun, all the numbers are etched in stone, all the stars have aligned... why exactly can't you provide me with the exact amount I'm going to pay monthly? If I had it to do over again and if this was in my power, I wish I had a conference call with the broker, his assistant, the processor, the title company, and the underwriter at the very start of this process and worked out a time line so I could see who/where the bottle neck was. This entire exercise has basically felt like I'm flying blind and it's only a matter of time until I crash into the alps, financially speaking of course.

What I'm told, is that this is normal. This is how all home loans work. I have no frame of reference, but if this is normal or fast... this is ridiculous.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 3:31 PM,

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 08, 08:28:00 AM EDT, Blogger Carie said...

It's normal. It sucks. And they wonder why people aren't buying right now?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home