My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Productivity of Meetings over time


I have no issue with meetings, in fact, I think they are very necessary to convey ideas to your peers, co-workers, and colleagues. However, if you are going to have a meeting, get to the point! Don't drag on and dilly dally and BS. The chart above is the attention span in a typical meeting over time. If you'll notice, after 60 minutes, people are just counting down till they go to lunch or they go home for the day. My advice, try to time your portion of the meeting to fit into those precious most productive 30 minutes. Get to it, figure out a solution or convey your thoughts and call it a day. This is exactly why I don't understand the need for people to have 3 hour long meetings regularly, you don't get as much done as you think you do.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 3:57 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home