My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Amazon

In case getting rid of much of my stuff on craigslist wasn't enough, I've added amazon to my bag of tricks. At first glance, it is excellent!! They make it very easy to list items (I mean very easy!) and you have access to an insanely huge customer base to shop your items. Either I listed my items for too little money or there is just a demand for what I'm selling. Regardless, 6 items sold in 2 days? Woot! The draw back... Amazon loves to ream the seller when it comes to commission time. Never mind that you almost always take a hit with shipping, beyond that their commission is averaging 29%??? That's effing loan sharking rates!

Sure the fee's blow, but product gets sold. Bottom line, if you spend $0 stocking your inventory (aka selling off stuff in your house that you want gone) this isn't a bad route to go. Will you get rich? Helllllllllllll no! Will you have a couple bucks in your pocket and the stuff you wanted out in the hands of someone that wanted it fairly easily? Yes, yes you will.

Update: To view what I'm currently selling, click here!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 9:12 PM,

3 Comments:

At Mon Dec 13, 12:01:00 PM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could at least have linked the stuff you were selling.....

 
At Tue Dec 28, 12:00:00 AM EST, Blogger Kristina Buenafe said...

Thanks for posting this, I started doing the same thing with old textbooks at my parents' house, and have already sold 12!

 
At Wed Dec 29, 10:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Cptn S.A. Ho said...

Make sure you are using USPS media mail or you will lose your shirt in shipping charges. I would also suggest you do not offer expedited shipping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home