My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



A Gift Giving Guide


I'll admit, I'm not the easiest person in the world to shop for from other peoples perspectives. I know this about myself, so I try to make it easy yet folks are still confused. So, I've decided to break it down and make life easy for all your gift giving needs!!

Know The Gift

Chances are, at some point you got sick of thinking about it so you just flat out asked me. Congrat's! You just saved yourself a ton of head aches. Very soon, you will get an email from me with direct links or a detailed list on what items I would actually want/need/like. Simply click the links and move one with your life. Some even come gift wrapped (if you are into that sort of thing!) for you. All of the items I listed cannot be found or are out of stock you say? In that case, continue to the next step.

Don't know the Gift

At this point, you have given up and thrown your hands in the air and said "F*** it, I'll just get something else or something similar." One word of advice, "don't." Or if you insist, please bring the receipt and a thick layer of skin for when I return it. Please understand, it's not that I'm ungrateful or a complete a$$. It's that I'm a minimalist. And minimalists don't keep a lot of idle stuff, trinkets, or nick-nacks around.

Other Options??

So, no gift & you don't wanna get me something I'll just have to return? Good on ya! At this point, folks turn away from gift cards... I don't know why. They are lovely, simple, easy to transport and to gift wrap. Gift cards for a dinner or a fast food lunch or a pint at a bar are all very nice. Or, go more direct. Invite me out and pick up the check or buy me a beer sitting next to me at the bar. All of those gestures are appreciated. Need something small and nowish? Have you considered just getting me a Diet Coke? See?? Simple!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 9:29 AM,

1 Comments:

At Wed Oct 27, 08:54:00 AM EDT, Blogger Carie said...

I'm the same way. I much rather prefer cash/check/gift card. It's not as fun to open, but it's better than me trying to feign excitement. It's bad, I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home