My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Wedding Bands

After many many days of shopping, I finally found something that I liked. I intentionally said I found, b/c her's was very simple. Just a plain band that matched her engagement ring with some engraving. Done and done, mine was a tad bit more involved since I'm a little picky with what I wear. And this is an item I'm meant to wear day in and day out for a long time coming. First off, I don't really wear finger jewelry, so the feeling is odd to me for starters. Second, I'm not flashy so I had to find something plain and simple and not too shiny. Taking all those conditions in mind, I found a ring design that had some brushed texture down the center and shine on the edges. The inside was a slightly curved comfort fit and the outside was curved as well. No rough edges, get it? And to survive the abuse that products I use get, I went with Tungsten Carbide as it's about the hardest material they make rings out of.

We ordered the bands, and head out of the store to celebrate our weekend with some delish eats somewhere in the area. A week later I get an excited call that our bands are ready! Yay. Her ring, was just fine, looks lovely, and she's happy with it. My band, on the other hand, had been botched pretty badly. First off, the engraving was wrong... showing us getting married 3 days apart?? ha!! Annoying, but ok it happens. Worse, the ring design was completely wrong from the one that was ordered. Come on now, that's just poor showing by the company that you contract with. Amidst all the confusion, the big boss of the store decides to take charge of it. I really hope they get it right and the next trip will be the last one out there to get this stuff handled.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 11:48 AM,

2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 29, 06:33:00 PM EDT, Blogger Carie said...

Hope the second round goes perfectly! Matt's took three rounds. But he ordered ours online, which may have affected the delay.

 
At Mon Aug 30, 08:23:00 AM EDT, Blogger Cptn S.A. Ho said...

Yeah, the second time around worked out. We've got both in a ring box waiting on the big day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home