My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Dirty Laundry

Over the past few years, one of my family members has been taking advantage of another ones life. I want to keep it vague, so we'll use woman for one of them and man for the other, k? Basically, woman has enough money to live a comfortable life by herself. Man hasn't held a job in the past 5 (that I know of, but possibly longer) years. Man has excuses constantly about why he doesn't have a job and woman believes every one of them and tries to feed that crap back to me. Woman doesn't want man to use government programs like unemployment or any others for fear it will hurt man's chances of getting a job. Really? As long as woman is paying for everything, including man's mortgage payment, what incentive does man really have to do anything other then sit on his a$$ and remodel his house? Also being paid for by woman. It's kind of like being retired with out actually working first. WTG man for finding a way to be a kept/trust fund baby.

Call me old fashion, but I firmly believe that you should work for the things that you have. For example, if you need to eat and you are over the age of 30 perhaps you should have a job and feed yourself?? If you are over the age of 50 and leeching off of a family member and not even bothering to try to get a job, perhaps you should take a look at your life and do a little more for you and for those around me. I understand that we all hit hard parts in life, and having a family member or friend help you get back on your feet is amazing. But if you continue to try to get back on your feet for 5+ years, doesn't that just make you a complete and total dead beat? There's clearly more details on this situation, buut I think this is all the rambling I have time for today.

I'm not sure why I've been thinking about or talking about this situation a lot more this week. Maybe it's the upcoming wedding but I can't seem to just shake it like I usually do and am much more frustrated with the situation then I can recall in the past few months. I've been discussing this issue or problem if you will with woman for the past 5 years and have been able to watch it get worse and worse. I think I might be getting close to my breaking point and just giving up. I think it's that realization that truly upsets me the most about this whole thing at this point in time.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 2:59 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home