My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Anti-Climactic

I pull up to this beautiful building with a cobblestone style drive way. Enter past front desk with a pleasant front door staffer into an open lobby area with contemporary furniture and d├ęcor. There's also a very nice deck out back with patio couches, not some iron crap (while nice, just not my taste). I walk past clean freshly painted halls, to get to a set of elevator banks. The elevators are quick, yet quiet. Once I step out on the roof top patio, I'm treated with an amazing view. I can easily see the monuments, Rosslyn, Courthouse, and on for miles. What a view. Wow, I'm impressed.

We tread back down the building to the unit in question. Not far from the elevator, so far so good. I walk in, and all the excitement just slides off my face. WTF is this? The previous owner tried to do the best they could with the space, and the kitchen is not bad. The rest is just tiny. There's no if's and's or but's about it. The bedroom, aside from not having a window in it, doesn't appear to be big enough for a bed even. This room would be ok for a small office or computer room, but deff not big enough for a bedroom. The feeling in this unit is that the designers worked really hard on the rest of the units to make them just right and they had enough space left over to toss in a bathroom and call it a unit. Bad designers, bad!! Perhaps someone else can use the space a little better then I can, but that unit is not at all what I'm willing to work my a$$ off to live in. I can't believe that's what you get for almost $300k.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 11:38 AM,

1 Comments:

At Wed Sep 09, 04:04:00 PM EDT, Blogger Bill said...

Reason number 147 why I don't miss DC. My house right now is almost 2000sf, and Zillow says it's $218,000. God bless Florida.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home