My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



The Devils Play Thing

My war against Sony (however puny it might have been) is over. You might recall that I was upset with their business practices, although effective, during the Blue Ray/HD DVD battle. That's all behind me as I've jumped on the PS3 band wagon. Yesterday, I hit the Best Buy like it was my job. At one point, I was carrying so many items an employee actually went to get me a cart. Reluctantly, refusing to admit my need for it I eventually took the shopping cart. Shopping cart at Best Buy? You know what that leads to? You just start piling more and more crap into it!! It's not just they system, no no no. That would be too easy!! There's extra controllers, charging stations, games, and the list keeps going. The grand total = $666.68. I tried to get the cashier to give me a $0.02 discount just to finish it off just right! Buuut, no dice.

After getting home and plugging it in, I think I spent the rest of the damn day (& night!) messing with it. The graphics are great. The interface is simple. The fact that the Sony Play Station network is free is a great bonus, and I've actually got it hard wired into the modem. Technically, the PS3 is currently the fastest web connection in the entire house! I picked up 3 games to go with it, Grand Tourismo 5, Rock Band 2 SE, & Fallout 3. I can't believe how far we've come with GT5. I remember GT1 where the cinematic replays were amazing but nothing compared to what the normal game play is in GT5. Amazing.

There's two bits of irony that I'm chuckling about this morning. First, I just dropped over $650 on gaming crap yesterday and this morning I'm still clipping grocery coupons to save $0.55!! Second, I had just rediscovered the enjoyment of picking up a good book and falling into the story that unfolds from the pages a few days sooner and now all I can think of is this shiny new toy! Well, all in moderation, right? A little PS3 time, a little book time, a little DVR time... now, if only I didn't have to work!


Like Christmas morning... only better!!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 10:04 AM,

2 Comments:

At Mon Aug 31, 10:38:00 AM EDT, Blogger Me said...

I wanna come play! I have the old old school Nintendo.

 
At Mon Aug 31, 11:34:00 AM EDT, Blogger Cptn S.A. Ho said...

Just give me a shout, I'm always down to get together for some rock banding!! If you can sing, you are deff in! (you are in even if you can't tho)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home