My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Sunny Day

There are many wonderful things to enjoy on a beautiful early summer day. Today I was able to enjoy two of my favorites, tooling around in a Jeep with no doors and a yellow cup cake! Yum! There's just something so damned simple about a yellow cup cake with white frosting and being able to enjoy it brings an almost child like grin to your face. Maybe it's the fact that there's no polite knife and fork way to eat it so you are forced to be messy? Perhaps you remember elementary school when there were cupcakes for someones birthday and regardless of who you like/didn't like in your class everyone stopped for just a few minutes to enjoy this little treat and be happy. How’s this... we give everyone in the world a cup cake and all eat our cupcakes at the same time. Like one giant cupcake break! Logistically, this would probably be a total nightmare. But how great would it be if the whole world took 5 minutes out of their day to enjoy a cupcake and smile and laugh with one another?

The Jeep with no doors, well that should need no explanation. But I'll put it like this, if you've never experienced it, go and find a friend with a Jeep. Offer to help take the doors off and a tank of gas if they’ll just drive you around a bit. It doesn't matter where you go, it's just a great ride. I've always said this is as close as you can get to being on a bike (motorcycle) with out actually being on a bike. Trust me, it’s worth it. I don't recall ever seeing my grandfather smile ear to ear like he did when he hopped out of my Jeep with no doors.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 6:27 PM,

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 01, 08:56:00 PM EDT, Blogger Me said...

Dang! You had to put a picture of a cupcake. There were cupcakes after the race Sunday, but none of us saw them. Now I REALLY want a cupcake. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home