My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Really?

Some of the folks I work with really need to get a freakin life. I know that the project is important, but some of our staff works around the freaking clock. We aren't talking about fire fighters or EMT's or cops, office work. Paper pushing, number crunching, b!tchy email writing, birthday cake eating office work. Have you seen office space? Yeah, kinda like that. I'm not totally unreasonable, I can see once in a while there is a huuuuuuge deadline that we all dropped the ball on. Fine, we put in extra time and get it done. But on a daily basis, some of our folks start emailing at 5-6am and don't stop till 9+pm. Do they expect everyone to be online and in the system for 15 hours a day? It's this mentality that makes them look at me like I have 3 heads growing out of my neck when I tell them I have plans on a weekend or after 8pm. God forbid! I guess there are two schools of thought on this matter: I work to live, they all live to work.

I'm not upset, just an observation. Honestly, I feel bad for them. On your deathbed, you will never say "Wow, I wish I spent more time at the office or more time working."

Labels: ,

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 10:26 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home