My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Jacked

I have been busting my but to clean up my credit for the past how ever many years. As a result, I keep a very watchful eye on all of my active accounts. Well wouldn't you know it, some charges from True.com showed up on my Amex the other day outta now where? WTF? Amex handled it like complete pro's, dealt with the company and reversed all the charges. Who evers account this was was clearly NOT me as I'd never heard of such a site till it showed up. I'm thinking, how bad do you need a date to steal a credit card number to join an online dating service?!?! (Kinda cool logo tho, I'll give the site that one)

Ok, so everything is handled charges reversed and I cancel that card since the numbers have been compromised for a new one. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as I do I get a call from my boss telling me I'm going on travel. Ugh... my Amex is my travel card! Irony, you are a funny funny b!tch, ain't ya? In the grand sceme of things, not really that big of a deal b/c I do watch my accounts. But I've already had my accounts hijacked twice in my life and I'm careful about tracking it all. Imagine how much in free purchases hackers have gotten from people that just blindly pay the bill with out looking.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 12:21 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home