My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



What a waste...

Yesterday, I attended a funeral service for a beautiful, kind, charming, and sweet young woman. She was a mother that would have done anything for her kids and had a smile that would brighten any room. The picture below doesn't do her justice as she was absolutely stunning.

I've never seen a service so full. The parking lot was packed, the over flow lot was packed. In fact, it was standing room only out side the doors when I got there. Truly, she has touched many lives.

When I went to the service, I thought to myself I'm tough, I don't need a tissue. I don't cry... I was wrong. When her little boy got up in front of everyone to tell them that "he had the best mommy ever" anyone with out a tear in their eyes had their emotional wall torn down right at that very moment.


Rest In Peace Crissy Palese, you will be missed by all



Cristina "Crissy" L. Palese passed On Saturday, March 21, 2009 in Alexandria, VA. Beloved wife of Christopher R. Mickey. Mother of Madeline Mickey and Kyle M. Palese-Westerlind. Daughter of Michael L. Palese and the late Margaret M. Palese; sister of Michael D. Palese and Danielle M. Barber and her husband Steven. Also survived by Kyle's father Thomas Westerlind. Friends may call the JEFFERSON FUNERAL CHAPEL, 5755 Castlewellan Dr., Alexandria (1 block south of the intersection of Franconia Rd. and South Van Dorn St.) 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday, March 25, where funeral services will begin at 3 p.m. Interment private. The family request memorial contributions be made to Children's Hospital.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 1:49 PM,

3 Comments:

At Sat Mar 28, 11:55:00 AM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments about her service.

This is her brother and it's been a hard week. One correction though. It was her son that got up to speak. He's been through a whole lot in his life and his ability to get up and say something made him more of a hero in my book.

 
At Mon Mar 30, 05:28:00 PM EDT, Blogger Cptn S.A. Ho said...

Thank you for the correction. I couldn't see anyone that was speaking from where I was standing.

 
At Tue Mar 31, 01:19:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Understandable. He was very timid and soft spoken, but brave for getting up there.

Thus why everyone in the place broke down. It was very sad moment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home