My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



New Hobby

You may or may not know this, but I've wanted to own a hand gun since I was 21 and could legally purchase one. Partly for personal protection, but mostly to put holes in paper targets at the range. So, I've gone about this the responsible way. I took a course from an NRA instructor on proper maintenance and cleaning on all the basic styles of personal fire arm, and have decided (after shopping around a bit) that the Glock 19 is a good fit for my needs and is a comfortable size for my hand.

Last night, I finished up my NRA course with some practical exercises of aiming and targeting using a rented Glock 19 from the range (which needed to be cleaned BADLY!) and a Glock 26 (a baby Glock, but great to carry concealed) with no misfires and no jamming. My instructor informed me of my excellent progress, I think there might have been talk of being a natural but I don't wanna get into it. Rather then paper targets, we were shooting at index cards at 7 yards. I think it's good to have that sort of precision with a hand gun b/c if I did come into a situation where I had to defend myself with possible deadly force, I'd rather just wound or incapacitate my aggressor and let the law deal with them. Then again, I hope it never comes to that and I can just continue putting holes in paper at the range.

After an excellent story I heard in class from my instructor, I think a shotgun is also going on the shopping list for home defense. Not trying to start world war thirteen or anything, but the sound of cocking a shotgun will more often then not prevent any shots being fired.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 12:20 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home