My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Limits?? Eff 'em!

There are some among us that excel b/c of natural talents or ability to hustle our way through life... then there are the rest of us that have to fight for every inch! No, I'm not going to do the Al Pacino speech from Any Given Sunday! But I think the concept is the same. Each and every day, most of us get up and push ourselves harder in many different ways. Whether it's an extra set in the gym, taking that 8pm conference call in the office, missing sleep to stay ahead of the curve in the classroom, or perhaps sacrificing that new toy you've been drooling over to take your friends out. That's all part of what makes DC a great place, the fact that everyone is always pushing themselves just that much more. Seriously, think about your own life for a minute. I know right now, you can point out at least one person that does that. Maybe you are that person.

I like to think that I'm no exception to this concept. I push myself beyond my limits physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, spiritually... you-name-it-ually! And in the same way that your muscles get sore from many repeated work outs, I think when I fall into a funk it's the exact same concept. I've pushed myself too hard in some form (non physical) and that specific area needs to be rested before I’m 110% again.

Let's take a look right now... My leg is hurting me (yes, it's my fault, moving on) so I'm beyond my physical limit for a short while and I've got some stuff still weighing on my mind which would account for some emotional limits. I prescribe some down time to reflect on this and some rest for that leg! Let's see if I can follow my own advice. Wish me luck.

Something tells me we'll discuss this again. Probably the next time I push myself beyond one of my preset limits! It's almost like a pattern, huh? =)

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 11:34 AM,

3 Comments:

At Tue Feb 24, 02:15:00 PM EST, Anonymous Holly said...

Downtime is never a bad thing - especially as it will take care of your funk and leg and you'll be back to 110% (and working it at 150%).

 
At Tue Feb 24, 05:31:00 PM EST, Blogger jdp said...

Did you see this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29331737/

 
At Wed Feb 25, 10:25:00 AM EST, Blogger Cptn S.A. Ho said...

omg... Too funny! And in Sterling to boot? Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home