My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Vegas baby… A recount! Day 4, The Paris

Today is the last day of the show. At this point, I've walked the floor of every section and I'm pretty much just coming back to see anything I might have missed. Well, I've seen it so I end up hanging out in the Press room working on my personal PC. You know, updating some numbers, playing with my iTunes, downloading some software I’ve been hearing about all week. It was a nice and relaxing day at the show. Ok, so maybe I got in a quick couple games of Rockband on my favorite truck of the show at the very end of the day before the show was being torn down.

After the show, there was a lovely Champagne toast for all the CES staff that I was able to witness. The President of CEA made a nice speech to all the employee’s and gave out the rough attendance numbers. I think this was a great gesture for the employees that work very hard to put on an INSANELY Huge conference. After that, I took it to the room to try to start getting things together for my flight in the morning and rest up for the night out ahead.

First a bite of dinner at a surprisingly authentic Italian place in the Paris, followed by heading over to the Bellagio for a party in one of the hotel suites! This should be fun... I'm just forgetting one thing, I've been up till 4, 5, or 6am EST this entire week and walking miles and miles all day with out much rest. After dinner, this all starts to sink in VERY quickly. At the risk of sounding lame, I was just totally partied out by the time I got there. I had a couple beers, then thanked the hosts and took it back to the hotel. I know, it's my birthday in a few hours and where am I? Heading to bed! I really am old!

Mind over matter, right? Right. My mind refuses to be in bed before midnight today, so I toss on a sweater and head to the bar downstairs in the Paris for a few Cap'n n Diet's. I have just enough energy to talk to the bartender, but not really enough to talk to anyone else. Ugh... I am BEAT tired!! Well, I've had a drink on my birthday, so now it's off to bed. Gotta get back to the grind in a day or so. I cannot believe just how much Vegas takes out of you. But wow, it's Great! I can't wait to come back!

Labels: ,

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 3:11 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home