My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



The big 3-0!

My actual birthday was actually spent on a plane or at various airports. Quite the change from years past but seems to be quite run in the mill these past few days!! Dragging outta bed in the Paris, catching a shuttle outta Vegas to the Airport. Security is very quick, so I have time for a quick bite. Now, it’s 10am, I’m having an omelet... the guy next to me is pounding beers and the bartender is pushing shots of Jager & Tequila on everyone?!?!? 10am people!! Well, whatever makes you happy I guess.

The first flight was uneventful, I watched most of "Don't Mess with Zohan" on it. This movie is funny as SH!T!!!! This really is one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies with a cameo by Rob Schneider (they've done like a zillion together). People talked some trash about it, but I laughed my a$$ off!! Anyways, the only downside was a REALLY bitchy stewardess on the flight. No big, maybe she was just having a bad day or got some bad news. I got to enjoy a fun fun layover in Denver for about 2.5 hours or so. I hung out in Mesa Verde for so long that they actually had to call my name on the loud speaker to get my a$$ to the gate so the plane could leave!! Ooops. Side note: when I got there, there was still a huge line so I didn't hold anyone up.

This flight, pretty uneventful. I wrote a bit, I finished watching Zohan and moved on to the second Chronicles of Narnia which was an interesting flick. The laptop battery ran out right as it was getting to the good part tho. Landing in DC, I take the train then hoof it home just in time to buy another plane ticket to take off the next day and have a few minutes to play Mario Kart with my buddy over Nintendo's wireless network. Why do I play with/against him? I loose points every time!! I’m convinced that the game is biased towards people that play with the wheel vs. just using a controller. Either that, or I just really need more practice!! (also possible)

So, I'm 30. What's changed? I'd say not much. My metabolism is slower so I need to crack down on myself with what I eat and drink. My credit and income are much better then they were 10 years ago… That’s really about it. I feel the same, my friends are about the same, and we still go out and party here and there. I will say with more disposable income (no wife & kids) the vacations and trips are much nicer then they used to be and I get to buy myself more toys then I used to be able to do. I guess it is time to grow up (just a pinch) since I can't use the "I'm in my 20's" excuse anymore for shenanigans and what not. We'll see how that goes! From what I hear, 30’s gonna be a great time!

The week up to my bday was awesome in Vegas & the following weekend I'll be partying all weekend long. So, I guess just this once, its ok that nothing really happened on my exact birthday day. No limo party or bar party or giant house party this year. Just another year. Kind of anticlimactic. But you know, I'm ok with that. I can throw down for 31!

"Oh my next thirty years, I'm gonna watch my weight. Eat a few more salads and not stay up so late. Drink a little lemonade and not so many beers... Maybe I'll remember my next thirty years" - Tim McGraw

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 3:22 PM,

1 Comments:

At Mon Jan 19, 07:47:00 AM EST, Blogger West Indian Girl said...

hey there
love the west indian girl link
it's pointing to the wrong blog though..it got moved...
www.westindiangirl.com/blog is the new page

thanx
francis ten

 

Post a Comment

<< Home