My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Raleighwood

This weekend finds me in the fabulous world of Raleigh that was my old stomping ground. Not divulging details, b/c well, that's just not my MO, this has been a unique experience. I've encountered many friends that I haven't seen in a hot minute. Some, happy to see me, some not. That's just the way it works. You just don't always part friends and you don't always know where you are with others. But, such is life. While this area has changed a good bit, it hasn't changed that much. The people are still great, they still look out for each other and there's still a great party scene. Some parts have grown, some parts have gone the way of the dodo.

Yet again, something to be expected from a city bursting at the seams. I don't really have a point beyond stating standard facts about most cities, but I do know this is the first time I've been back and not felt like this place was home. I think DC really does have me at this point. For the good, and for the bad. I am a local DC person. God I hate this statement, but... "So it goes". I've been trying to fight the fact for 5 years, but you know... I think DC is good for me. I have my spot, a TON of great people and only a few I'd like to see disappear! Are you on that list? I bet you'd know it if you were!! Well, that's not really important. I'm just happy to be happy. Yet shocked to call DC home. But you know, you could call much worse places home.

I am, however, excited to see how the next few months play out. I think there is MUCH up in the air that will make itself clear for me, and I'm looking forward to that clarity. Cryptic much? You could say that, but if anything works itself out, I'll 'splain it to ya!

ps: As promised, I want to mention that AMW is an awesome chick!! Here's your shout out!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 2:46 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home