My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Memories...

I have absolutely no clue what triggers random memories, but I felt like I had to share this one with you. I have lived in DC for going on 5 years now and am getting pretty good at getting around, not getting lost, using the bus/metro, etc. Well, as you might imagine, this was not always so. This takes me back to one of my first times going out in the city after I moved here. I have no idea where I went, but I do know it was a Friday night and the venue was a bar with friends. Well, it's time for last call and I head for the metro. Managing to catch the last orange line train from the mid-town area. Think Farragut Square or McPherson. Now, I need a blue line to actually get home, but we'll get to that. I meet a nice couple on the train and we start chatting and exchanging stories, next thing you know we are at Balston Metro. Ok, so far, the story is pretty lame b/c we've all missed our stops on the metro.

All three of us jump of the metro and proceed to argue with the station master that Rosslyn doesn't exist as he's busy throwing us out of the station. If it was just me, I'm new to the city and a tourist, I could see it. But the couple that had lived here for a while was 100% on my side!! In retrospect... I just sit back and chuckle at the silly hot headed kid that was 100% convinced that Rosslyn Metro didn't exist as I pass by it on the blue line train.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 9:46 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home