My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Shenaniganz

What to say about my weekend? Well, there was much going on there I don't even know where to begin. As I've been writing over the years (OMG… can't believe it's been years!) I have always tried to keep my posts upbeat no matter what is going on with my life. And for the most part I think I've done a great job. Save for a few bad things that happened to me, and some of those I just didn't mention b/c well, I just like to write about the lighter side of my life and thoughts. Anyways, that being said, for the past few weeks, I have felt like the luckiest guy in the world. I would elaborate, but I really don't wanna. I suggest everyone entertain this feeling at least once in your life. I'll grant you that it sucks when its gone, but it was nothing short of amazing while it lasted.

Now, onto more specific details of the weekend. First off, I hit the store Friday night and pick up some essentials for the new place. Seeing as how I tried to make myself a bite to eat the other day only to find that I had no fork to eat it with!! Ok, that's 1 part funny but also 1 part sad. When it's time to shop… well, it's time to shop!! Let's get some silver ware…check! I can now make a samich (well… once I wash it and take it outta the box that is!)!! But why stop there? Let's pick up a pot/pan set, some metal mixing bowels, and measuring devices of all sizes. And to complete this kitchen spending spree… A set of Wusthof Gourmet Series knives. I've been drooling over this knife set for a while!! I figured, you know.. Now is the time rather then continuously buying cheapies that I'm pissed off with that can't cut a damned tomato or slice bread!! I have gotten mildly partial to having a Santoku knife, so I'll have to pick one of those up to add to my collection. But all in all, the glassware is unpacked, I have a shiny new knife block/set, pots/pans, and even silver ware!! Wow… it's like someone lives here or something!

I cooked up a nice Salmon Steak dinner, the skin was able to crisp every so delicately, the salmon itself… browned beautifully was accompanied by sautéed asparagus and baby red potatoes. Clearly, an excellent and filling meal. Yum indeed! I'm certain I ate waaaay too much there! The evening was finished off with an assortment of mini pastries (store bought) but I was too stuffed for that. Wow… I guess I still can cook!! Who knew?

Post dinner.. I got to watch one of my Favorite movies!! I won't call it a good movie, but deff one of my favorite movies. There's an all knowing and wise dishwasher…"So, when things in your life become stagnant - you know, you're no longer happy with what you're doing - then you figure out what's important to you. Then create your own penis-showing game." - that's deep Bishop, Thanks! ...what's not to like about this movie?? For any of you that have ever spent any amount of time in food service, you will be able to relate this movie. Anyone that hasn't, (other then the food part…that's just gross) this is a pretty accurate portrayal of staff from the industry perspective.

Labels: ,

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 11:06 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home