My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



The Good, The Bad, and the Crutchin?


Since my Saturday escapades have left my foot/ankle combo mildly messed up, I've had the pleasure of being on crutches. I've hobbled here, I've hobbled there, I've hobbled everywhere!! Ha!! No, seriously my doc gave me a stay off your damn foot pass to not go to work, but as usual, I was stubborn and tried to get around anyway. Wow.. Bad idea!!! Just trying to get half a block down the street finds me red in the face and focusing on not falling over on these damned things. I know, they are doing what they are supposed to do and that is keep the weight off the ankle, but they really don't make getting around much easier then if I was just hopping!

Having learned this lesson the hard way, I decided to take the doctor up on his get out of work free card. I spent the past 3 days working from home… and let me tell you folks… Yes! It's everything you ever thought it could be. Start the day working in bed on the lap top, then move to the couch, grab some breakfast outta the fridge instead of spending money on it. Well, other then the spending money part, I do really enjoy catching a bite with my co-workers. They are a great group of folks. But I digress. With these days of working from home and not commuting, I feel rested… finally!! I mean, when did sleeping in become until 8am - that is sooo sooo wrong.

Anyways, as I've been known to do when I'm at home, every time I get up, I'm tidying something up. That's just what I do, I know, a little OCD. But I'm pleased to report, the house is coming together quite nicely!! I even had a few people stop by to check it out the other day. Not something I would have done a few weeks ago as I still was in the process of having no furniture and unpacking boxes. Now… I think I'm in need of an additional wall piece for the bed room, but for the most part, I feel kinda done with the place. I got myself some plates and some silverware, so I can make a samich with out stressin to find a knife!!!

Along comes Thursday and my ankle seems to be feeling better. Great!! The sun is shining, birds chirping and I can get out of the house for a little while and move around on my own!! Knowing me, you probably know where this story is going. A few errands turn into a few more errands which then turns into going out… and well… let's just say a smarter version of me wouldn't be climbing a damn 20ft tall fence with an ankle brace on!!! But the smart me wasn't available to come out and play last night, so the party boi took his place!! So, here I sit with my swollen ankle propped up…again! Oh well, the night out was good times and it's supposed to be rainy tonight = a perfect night to lounge about with my ankle propped up!!

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 10:59 AM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home