My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Dinna is Served

If you are anything like me, you enjoy the finer things in life. And nice beverage and a bite to eat. They kind of go hand in hand, don’t they? As I have been going out here and there I’ve been noticing a bit of a pattern. You eat, you drink, you eat, you drink and so on and so forth. Did you ever stop to think on the crap that you eat when you are out at happy hours? I'm not talking about the fat content or caloric value or any of that, I'm thinking more along the lines of how bizzare some of the items we put together are. Take last night for example, I spent a little time at Modern Continental Lounge and had a few snacks and that was about it for dinner. Ok, nothing out of the ordinary.

Take that same meal, and change the setting.... Imagine your butler walking in with a plate of fine china covered with a silver lid. He removes it, immediately a puff of steam escapes and the aroma of fresh potatoes and chicken fill the room. You are in heaven thinking on this fine meal you are about to enjoy then you hear him say in a heavy british accent...

Dinner is served sir. This evening may I present for you 3 french fries, 2 chicken wings, and an assortment of tortilla chips. Bon appetite!

I'm not sure why, but that scene had me busting a gut laughing this morning as I was walking to work. It would seem that 2 chicken wings, 3 french fries, and a few tortilla chips a complete meal do not make!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 12:02 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home