My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



DC Nites

You know, I give DC a lot of sh!t. It's true, I do. I give it crap for being transient, for the people that it has brought about, for the way it changes good people, etc. But that's not what this random thought is all about. Tonight, as I take the train past one of my very favorite spots... near National Airport at night (do yourself a favor, click the picture to see it full size, it's really nice), I get to see the runway lit up and the planes taking off. You can see monuments in the distance and I think to myself... DC does have a good bit to offer. Access to 3 air ports, a fairly solid metro and bus system that over lap pretty well, decent market that pays well, free museums and zoo's, Monuments out the wazoo... I'm really not sure where I'm going with this. I guess I'm just mind blown that a place that has so much to offer - I don't even notice it on most days. People from out side this area really do tho, they come from miles and miles away just to check it out! Perhaps we (myself included) are just spoiled by having everything at our fingertips here that when we go elsewhere it's hard to compare? Just throwin that out there.

DC... Clearly like no other place on earth!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 2:59 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home