My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Moving! (Again!)

You know, I keep thinking I have a lot to say on this subject. As the title might have mentioned, yes I'm moving again. But really, I think I just like this picture. Kind of makes me think of how my current move is going. Almost everything in the Jeep...one load at a time. I had to have some help with the bed, but other then that, i honestly think the jeep could do it all!!! I'd just need to tie it all down to the roof like these clever fellas pictured here!!
But seriously, I'm moving back to my old hood that I used to live in when I first moved to DC and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm all of 3 blocks to the metro, so the rising cost of gas shouldn't be hitting me all that hard!!! Right now, my moving costs are really starting to add up... New bedroom furniture, new dining room, new this, new that, security deposit... well, you know how it goes. But it's kind of nice... The whole moving with nothing concept. For one, you don't have to have many people help you. That's a great thing too b/c I know how awkward we all feel trying to hustle our friends into helping us move. I get to start fresh with decor and design and organization... this is really a great opportunity for me to clean up shop, stream line what I've got and tidy it up!!
One thing I'm going to try out, is not getting cable. This will be about the first time I'll be trying this plan... but at around $150/month for Comcast, that's just one expense I can try to do with out. Besides, a. I watch too much TV. & b. I have whatever on DVD if I really need a fix. & c. Maybe I'll give Netflix a shot at $5/month - that's the ticket!! This week, i don't even have a TV and quite honestly, I haven't had time to miss it!! - wow... Never thought I had have that thought!! Well, raise your glasses to me trying to get myself all situated in my new place. I'm sure I'll have some of you locals over to check the place out!! ...once I stock the bar of course!

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 11:35 AM,

1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 02, 05:25:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Lindsay said...

Damn, new bedroom furniture? I had good memories of ye ole bed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home