My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Jeep Bug! - Update

So far, there's been some good and some bad. First things first, the tires are on, and they look mean! They aren't very loud on the highway, but then again if they were I'd have a hard time hearing them over the existing noise. The alignment was very necessary since it was sooooo far out of whack from the Jeep Jamboree. Mounting and balancing went smoothly, but then again a shop did it so I can't take any credit for that.
The heavy duty glove box is on, and it's very secure. The jeep being as small as it is, it's tough to find places to keep things safe in it. This was an excellent accessory. The hood lock that I initially ordered, pictured here, was a p.o.s. Seriously, I don't know what the concept behind it is, but that thing had to go back. The locking hood latches will be much much better choice once I install them.
The big problem, thus far, was the body lift kit. I don't know if this is indicative of the entire company or I just happened to get a bad kit, but that thing SUCKS! Seriously, the parts didn't fit. The bolts where the wrong size and wouldn't thread. However, we didn't figure that part out until we lifted the body off the frame. Grrrrrrrrrrr. So, imagine 4 hours of wrench time with ZERO gain. How frustrated would you be? We ended up putting the stock parts back on with no problem. If I try this again, I'll be going with either a Daystar body lift kit that another jeep I know didn't have any problems with or trying for a 2" budget boost suspension lift. Haven't decided yet.
So, what's next? That winch and the new hood locks have to come on next. Then we'll see about some armor. Warn has some nice pieces that bolt on using the existing mounting locations, maybe some lights or a new bumper. If the budget was unlimited, there's ton's I'd do. But for now, I have to take it one step at a time.

Labels:

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 3:33 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home