My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Closet Dork...

Happy Turkey Day weekend to you all, I hope you gorged yourselves till you couldn't move... took a nap, then gorged some more! 'tis the holiday tradition. I spent my first turkey day away from any family at all. Everyone took off to NC for a feast that my grandmother spends in excess of 20 hours preparing, to be honest with you... I have noooooo idea what takes her so long! I've made an equivalent amount of food, with equal quality in a fraction of the time! I guess she just enjoys it and takes her time to savor feeding the house hold. A tradition, I fear, that's slowly leaving us. Don't get me wrong, feasts will be here for many years to come, but I see that people don't drop what ever they are doing to make a family meal like they used to back in the old days and companies aren't exactly being helpful with that either. Most people don't get the day after off so unless your family is a short drive away, you are probably not going. In lieu of traveling, I joined up an Orphan's dinner (which I found to be quite common in DC). The host prepares a large turkey & some basics while the rest of us bring side dishes and beverages. I purchased 2 pumpkin pies and a couple cases of beer as my offering. The food was excellent, but the food coma was quick to set in and I took it to the house. Ended up falling asleep as soon as I walked in the house and turned on the James Bond marathon.
After a mean a$$ nap, I awoke to resume my evil evil addiction. I've recently purchased Final Fantasy XII (bottom right hand pic) & have been unable to put it down ever since. I don't know if this has anything to do with the fact that I also bought a new 56" flat screen to go with it or not, but those two toys have kept me stuck in the living room pretty soundly! Yeah, I know, dork dork dork... but the game play and graphics are great! If you enjoy fantasy games at all, I deff recommend it. I have been hooked ever since the old school 8bit Final Fantasy (pic below with black back ground) came out for Nintendo back in '87 or so. I'm showing both title page shots below. I know these screen shots don't do it justice, but I'm always impressed with how far we've advanced in gaming technology.

Labels: , ,

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 12:23 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home