My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Great CSI

CSI = Customer Service Index, not any of that crime scene crap that's on TBS and USA 24 hrs a day. Good CSI is rare these days, especially from large companies. So, when I run across some excellent customer service I find it's my job to share with all of you out there.
I contacted apple b/c my iPod was starting to act up. I got it last year just before x-mas and wanted to get it all taken care of before it was a year old so as to avoid paying too much for any repairs. So, I contact them via their website at 4pm on Tuesday to state my trouble with my iPod and fill in a service claim. By 9am the following morning there was a pre-paid same day air shipping box waiting for me in my office. Damn!! ok, stick in the iPod and ship it off, I'm sure I'll get it back this month if I'm lucky...right? WRONG!!! They received the iPod the next day and sent me confirmation that they had it and were looking into it. The next day they said they had remedied the problem.... Friday morning there's another box waiting for me... a brand new iPod mini! I guess it's just cheaper for them to throw a new one at me then fix my old one, fine by me. Let's just recap the time line... less then 5 days INCLUDING shipping to contact, diagnose and fix my problem? My hat's off to you apple people. Now if you could just find a way to scrap iTunes and start all over there!!
The dell people could stand to learn something here...but that's a rant for another day if my new laptop ever gets here!?!?!?!

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 3:22 PM,

4 Comments:

At Thu Nov 10, 08:06:00 PM EST, Blogger Rafael said...

Glad to hear you had a good experience! I had to have my old PowerBook repaired once and had a similar turn around.

 
At Fri Nov 11, 06:35:00 AM EST, Blogger Murray said...

When my iPod went bad last year they just sent me a new one lickity split. Of course, if they built a stronger product maybe they wouldn't have to...but I was happy.

 
At Fri Nov 11, 08:46:00 AM EST, Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

ok, word of caution here...Rafael is employed by Apple, so he has a vested interest in the company

 
At Sat Nov 12, 08:48:00 PM EST, Blogger BananaNun said...

Fed Ex could learn something from Apple, apparently. Fed Ex can suck my ass from here to kingdom come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home