My Links: Bio | Homestarrunner! | Jeep Goodies | Rate U'r Hangover | Real Men of Genius

 

A retelling of my life in DC and all the stupid ass sh!t I get myself into...



Authentic Foods & CanadiaTown

The day starts off rainy gross, and dreary..... and that’s not just the hang over talking, it’s seriously gross outside!!! Some good greasy breakfast food will deff be the ticket in feeling better. Let’s hit the $2.99 steak n eggs special at Pano’s. Yumm!! This place is so nice, yet everything is soooo cheap? Cool!! I even treat myself to Pano’s own $0.39 bottles of Buffalo Spring water! Buffalo has spring water? Whatever. Since I’m up, and fed…..I’m thinking let’s go explore and check sh!t out. Before I know it, the road makes way for a bridge followed by a sign saying Welcome to Canada! Cool beanz, another country…. Let’s go check it out…. It looks suspiciously like South Myrtle Beach, except it’s cold and everyone says “eh?” There’s crap stores everywhere, some sorta book of world records museum, and many more money pits everywhere. I wish the weather were better so I could walk around and check all this stuff out, but as it’s not… Let’s head up the Skylon tower and grab a beer from very possibly the bitchiest bar tender in the history of time!! It’s cool though, b/c the outer edge of the place is spinning so you get to check out the view on all the diff sides of the tower!! Very cool! Alright, the novelty has worn off, let’s go buy some crap for people state side…. Souvenirs!!! I get a few things and then I realize… it’s deff time for another quest for local foods!!

Ok, WTF? Someone stuck together two halves of a dodge caravan here?!?!!?

If i was a native buffalonian, this is prob what i woulda grown up on instead of busch light.... $8.99/30 pack. Can't beat that!!


This is the place with the excellent yet cheap breakfast special that i mentioned up above, good eats and a Buffalo sitting on the roof.


Our quest for good wings too us to Duff's. I'm told this is where all the locals enjoy wings from. I was not a fan as you can tell.


Charlie the butchers is a local place serving Beef on weck. Very tasty freshly sliced roast beef on a roll dipped in au jus. A little pricy for the amount of food you get, but friendly people and tasty snacks!


The anchor bar had the wings that i've come to know as buffalo wings, excellent eating and great music too!!

This would be the Sebring convertible that I rented from Avis. A fun little car, and for $4... can't beat it!!

posted by Cptn S.A. Ho @ 5:47 PM,

6 Comments:

At Mon Oct 31, 11:10:00 PM EST, Blogger This one time . . . said...

That's about all my Sebring was worth!

 
At Tue Nov 01, 08:04:00 AM EST, Blogger Ms Meh said...

You crack me up. <3 ya!

 
At Tue Nov 01, 02:32:00 PM EST, Blogger Boozie said...

Pano's ROCKS!

 
At Tue Nov 01, 02:47:00 PM EST, Blogger Late Nite Drive Thru said...

thanks for the guide to Buffalo and Buffalo wings...I think I'll print this one out and take it with me next time I head up there!

 
At Thu Nov 03, 03:03:00 PM EST, Blogger KQB said...

word to Canadia!

 
At Sun Nov 06, 11:50:00 PM EST, Blogger Trojan said...

Damn...I need to go hashing in DC. Yo...Is Lazy Motherfucker hashing there???Anyone..anyone???


Trojanwhore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home